I can't tell you how much I love where I live. R and I took a ride this morning to a neighboring town to visit the Farmer's Market. We've been saying that we were going to go for a while now. But something always seemed to come up. Now I don't know how he's going to keep me away! Especially since I found a few knit/crochet books/magazines at the library's booth! Anyway he bought beets, radishes, and zuccini. Then on the way home we saw a farmstand that we had visited a few times last year towards the end of the season. What she had was amazing! And I found out she's there everyday. We got some moe zuccini, a yellow squash and some kirby cukes to add to mine so I can pickle them this weekend. R's going to grill the vegetables on the BBQ and there will be some new to me vegetables for dinner. (I was a very picky eater as a child. It's only in the past few years that I've started trying new foods...)

My Kirby Cukes and basil:


As for knit/crochet content: I did some Kool Aid dyeing yesterday. I used Iced Blue Raspberry, Lemon Lime and Grape on a skein of Fishermans Wool. At Knit Night I worked on Helena a bit and squares for a bag.

Today's to do list includes bordering and sewing the squares for the bag and finishing my Homework Swatches for the Conference. Only 4 days till I head to Manchester!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment