I took two classes this year: Tunisian Entrelac in the Round with Darla Fanton and Superb Seams with Margaret Fisher. Both were wonderful.
Here's the basket I started in Darla's class and pretty much ripped out by dragging it through the halls of the Radisson when we were leaving. Don't ask. Anyway I'm back to this point. The goal is to finish and felt it this week. I'm just hoping my wrist cooperates.

I really want to make the felted bag. The picture of the bag is what made me take the class. Unfortunately I have a bit of a dilemma. You see, I had to clean the yarn closet to fit in my conference purchases which led to spending the day in the closet organizing. I'm embarrassed to say how many UFO's I have. Anyway this is all another story for another day, but I did promise myself I would not be starting any new projects until I finish some of my UFO's. So, sadly, the bag must wait.
Superb seams was great. Here are some of the swatches that we put together in class.

First Margaret went over her list of what not to do. Immediately I knew this was the right class for me. I've made one wearable. I've seamed once in my life. I did every single thing on Margaret's list of what not to do. I learned a lot in that one. I hope I get the opportunity to take more classes with Margaret. Next time befroe I make all the mistakes!


2 comments:
Will you teach me how to seam now?! :D
I can try... :-) It's really not that hard once you know what you're looking at!
Post a Comment