We got to Manhattan about 1:00 and headed down to the village. It only took about 10minutes to find parking.
Took a walk down to Bedford Street to visit The Point. It was very crowded. I had a hard time seeing everything because just about every table was taken. The baskets hang on the wall behind the tables so you'd have to ask people to move so you can see the yarn. I don't know if it's all the hype that had me expecting something fabulous, but I wasn't overly impressed. For me it was just ok.
From there we walked, and walked, and walked!
On the way we stopped at M & J Trims. I bought buttons for my Shalom. I took R into some bead stores. He was overwhelmed! He couldn't believe that they had complete stores dedicated to beads. Yes, he was a bead store virgin! Been to many yarn shops and a few quilt stores, but never a bead shop.
Also stopped in at the M&M store, The Hershey Store, Dale and Thomas, and a few others.
Met up with "the boys" (my brothers) at Virgils for dinner. Had a great lamb sandwich. Love the food at Virgils. Then had a few drinks at The Perfect Pint on 45th. Nice place but hot as hell. For anyone who knows me...think about what it must have been like in there if I'm complaining that it wastoo hot! You know it was bad.
Little Less Than Four Weeks to go now!
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment