or the joys of owning a home...
Yesterday was another snow day. Number 4 I believe. It was expected from the forecast, so on Tuesday I did everything that needed to be done around the house in order to enjoy a day off. I was finally able to watch Mama Mia. Actually got to crochet for the first time in a while. The wrist held up. I crocheted for 15 minutes than took a break, crocheted some more, another break...you get the picture. Watched a few movies, caught up on the DVR. Went out cleared the driveway.
All was well until 9:30ish. That is when the scratching began. At first I thought it was my imagination. It was quiet and infrequent. I'd hear something, turn the TV down, and nothing. Turn the TV back up. Scratch, scratch, scratch. Shit! Not my imagination...there's something alive scratching at my wall. This. Is. Not. Good.
The rational part of me knows that there's nothing I can do. It's gonna find it's way out or die in my wall. The rest of me is waiting for whatever it is to scratch right through my newly sheetrocked wall. Yeah I know, no more horror/vampire movies when I'm home alone.
Needless to say I did not get too much sleep last night. I heard the last scratch at 3:47. So it either found its way out or died trying. I guess time will tell.
I was very happy when my phone rang at 5am to let me know that there is a two hour delay today. To say that I am dragging is an understatement.
Little Less Than Four Weeks to go now!
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment