Friday, February 15, 2008

RIP Mr. Compaq

The motherboard on our old computer went. At first we were hoping it was something minor. So we tried various things, none of which worked. So I sent it for a visit with my friend Computer Guy. Computer Guy called with the bad news: It's done. Thankfully I was able to get all my important files out of the computer. Unfortunately they are all sitting on disk/email right now. I'm on a borrowed computer, with ummmmm, Word Perfect on it! When's the last time you heard of that one???? So I've pretty much got the internet and my resume program right now. No Word, no excel. I've got the basics for a while, but right now they are all I need. I'm starting to look at computers and see what we want/need and figure out where to go from there. It will be a while because right now I'm concentrating on finding a job so we'll see what happens.

I've been doing well on the crochet front. Finished 2 BICOs (Baby It's Cold Outside from CrochetMe) in January for Parker and Joshua.

Her's Joshua's. I don't have a picture of Parker's up yet.

I also made a chemo cap for my crochet club's hat drive. I have some more that I still need to put the finishing touches on.
2008 Chemo Cap 1

I've been slowly working on SOTSii. There's been lots of frogging. I made some mistakes on my last row that I don't know how to fix so I'm taking it to knitting tonight. I'm hoping someone there will be able to help. If not I'll be ripping again!SOTS ii

Steve's blanket is coming along nicely. He just got an apartment so I'm really trying to get this one done!Steve royal diag

And then there's the Babette. I'm using 17 different scrap yarns for this one.
Babette

That's it for now. I'll be back soon to update!

No comments: