Wednesday, July 30, 2008

CGOA Conference: Friday

Friday was a very relaxing day for me. I met alot of new people and spent the day knitting/crocheting. After last year I decided to take two classes this year. Last year I took 4 and it was very overwhelming. I didn't really get to spend any time relaxing/hanging out. I was running from class to class the whole time I was there.(Although that could explain why I spent less money in the MarketPlace
last year :-) )

Grace and I went to the Red Arrow with Val and Rina. Val used to work with Margaret and recently found her on the internet. We were sitting around talking about dinner and they were telling us about a diner that was reviewed on Guy Frieir's Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. Val and Rina then asked us if we wanted to join them. It was great. I want to find a link to the show, maybe tomorrow.

That night was also the CGOA Member meeting. I won a door prize, one of the hooks Brian of BrainsBarn donated! Now I have an extra 2008 hook. Barbara W. from the NYCGG had the great idea of turning it into a shawl pin. (She also won one.) I told her I was going to steal her idea. Thanks Barbara!

Later that evening we had the Chapter Coffee. It was great. As soon as we sat down Katie and Lorraine from Long Island sat down and joined us. Talk about Da ja vu! Last year we also sat at the same table. It's funny because Lorraine now lives on LI but grew up in the town I live in now. We started talking last year when she noticed my name tag. Unfortunately I had no idea about half the stuff she was referring to last year because I had only lived here for a month. This year I actually knew the places she was talking about. We exchanged emails. I'm hoping to be able to attend on of their guild meetings (might be hard because its during the week). I've invited them to attend one of ours.

The Chapter Coffee is great because it allows all the Chapters to come together and talk about what they are doing. It's like a big brainstorming session. I know my chapter members walked away with some new ideas. I hope others did as well.

Pictures coming as soon as I can figure out Photobucket!

No comments: