Saturday, September 20, 2008

Stolen Moments Wrap

This project reminds me of Nana. Maybe its because I'm using her needles...maybe its because I'm using Kool Aid dyed yarn. I don't know what it is.

031

I just wish she was here to see it. Last time she saw me knitting she told me I was doing it wrong. Nana said the stitches weren't right. I didn't believe her, after all I was paying good money to learn how to knit at the yarn store. My knitting looked just like the instuctor's. You know that saying looks can be deceiving...

To make a long story short: I was taught to knit through the back loop....and purling I can't explain it. I only recently learned how to purl correctly.

I wish I had learned to knit from Nana. I wish I had stuck with it when she first taught me to crochet. I could have learned a lot from her. Maybe even what happened to the size three needle that's so cockeyed.

No comments: