Sunday, January 4, 2009

Knittin' Friday

On Friday I met with some of the ladies I knit with for a little field trip. We all had off so we decided to go visit a new yarn store in Poughkeepsie. It's called Yarn, Hooks and Needles. Cute shop. Lots of Alpaca. I was good though. As much as I wanted to buy, I restrained myself and left only with the latest issue of Interweave Knits. Let me tell you though, it did motivate me to get working on some projects because there's lots of gorgeous yarn there.

After we went to the yarn store we headed to Barnes and Noble for our Knit Night. It was a small group, only four this time. I think a lot of people were still recovering from the holidays. Worked on a number of projects: my Alpaca vest, Clapotis, and some coffee cozies.

There was some talk of a KAL for the Irish Hiking Scarf. This scarf has been on my to do list for quite some time. Since I've never done a project with cables I think it would be good for me as a KAL. I would like to finish the vest I'm knitting before I begin the scarf though. Guess I'll be focusing on that for a bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok - give! Where's the store location?!?!?! :D

PJ said...

Sending you an email with the info.
:-)