Monday, August 11, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away!

Yesterday was a special meeting for the HHCC. We had an away meeting at Chava's house with a trunk show by Feza Yarns. Dee and Margaret did a great job of covering it and took some pictures (apparently I just like to carry my camera around these days :-) ). So if you want to see some yummy yarns and pixs go visit them: Dee and Margaret

Last Thursday a bunch of us went to Stitch and Pitch at the Hudson Valley Renegades. It was neat. We made it until the 7th inning when it started to pour. When we left it was 6-1, not in the Gades favor. I took some pictures but haven't uploaded them yet so I don't know if there's anything worth putting up here. I'll check them out later and decide.

Today has been quite the day. The repairman came to fix the dryer. Put the new part in and found out that wasn't the problem. So I get to sit and wait for them to come repair the dryer, yet again, next Monday. This is getting a bit ridiculous. I don't understand why these repairmen don't have any parts to make repairs with them. This is now the second part that I have to get mailed to me, then have someone come back to put it in. In the meantime we're on week four without a dryer.

While waiting for Sears this morning I was able to work on my Ancient Greek Crochet Games project. I have now added the heel to Robs stocking and started the foot. I'm hoping to finish the crocheting by the end of the week so I can figure out how to line it next week.

After Sears left I went to pick up Liz's shower gift. It involved a trip across the river. While driving over there the skies opened up. It was crazy, couldn't see two feet in front of the car. Needless to say it was a very long trip. I didn't want to drive back in it so I went to Borders after Babies R Us. When I was in there the power went out...during story time. It was a very loooong minute and a half of screaming children before the generator kicked in. I left as soon as the rain let up but it's still gray, damp and miserable out. I'd really like to see the sun soon...this weather is making me cranky. So if you've got the sun, please send it this way.

No comments: