Sunday, August 24, 2008

Getting Older Sucks...

...Or Reality Bites.

No, I'm not speaking in terms of a number getting bigger every year. I'm talking about the realizations of not being where you thought you'd be ... the realization that that's pretty insignificant when people you went to high school with are dying of cancer ... The last few times I've gone home, I've been told of people who have passed away, committed suicide, or now have cancer and have been given weeks to live. It's really sad to hear.

A knitting friend has decided to start one new thing every Sunday. She put out a challenge of sorts for people to join her. I'm thinking it's a good idea. Because as unsettled as I may be right now I have a lot going for me. So I will be joining her in: (1) getting my ass out and walking three times a week and (2) making sure I take an hour each day for me. I'll knit, crochet, read, or maybe even try to teach myself how to use my sewing machine.

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

It's really tough to lose friends from high school. A good friend of mine passed away in 2000. She wasn't even 40 yet. She was an athlete, but she died in her sleep one night. I had lost touch with her over the years, but it was still hard to hear about her passing. I still think about her. But good for you to take time for yourself. Take care, and I'll see you in September